My Purpose For This Blog

My name is Melissa Huff. I am currently a teacher candidate for Elementary Education. Through the teaching program I have been enlightened to all of the roles a teacher has. Not only are we educators but we are life coaches to these little ones. My hope is that I can equip my students to develop confidence in themselves and a passion for curriculum. I want to see students break away from the mentality that school is hard or that they will never be able to understand certain subjects. I also want students to develop a desire for reading that they can appreciate as they get older. 

This blog will be used for my Children's Literature course at Florida Gulf Coast University. Here I will be reflecting on readings done in class. I will be responding to children's literature I have read throughout the semester. My responses will be based on personal reactions and feelings about the literature, characters, and authors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment